Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Asus Eee PC, Very Nice Portable Notebook!

By Michael L. Willis

The mini-lap top by Asus EeePC is the perfect answer for someone who travels. It allows me to keep up on my emails, I can watch movies(I have eight movies downloaded on an 8gb sdhd card), I can review my daily photography results and I can surf the web. It is light weight as advertised (2 lbs.) and yet large enough that it is no problem to use.
I was contemplating buying a 12 inch laptop, at approx. $1500 but this 9 inch laptop meets all my needs for $550. One of the best purchases that I have ever made. I am an older retired person in my late 60's and would not generally be thought of as a computer geek, but I get identified as one with my new gadget, quite an experience.

We like this EEE much better than the Linux based one. It runs programs designed for Windows perfectly and yet maintains the ultraportablity. We have a cellular modem we plug into a USB port and we can hit the net riding down the road. It is great for travelling. No need for lugging another case, just toss this in your suitcase and you are on your way!